Thank G~0~D & GÕD--are special acronyms--meaning from out of nothing to everything--which I now use to sum up and help make real the concept that a god-hypothesis is possible and is based on science-based knowledge.

Scientists, using hard research are now helping us discover, know and use the gift of willpower as a real and valuable gift. The more of it we give, the more we have. The theological term is Agape-Love. As John, in his letter in the Bible put it: "God is love..."

When we learn what it is and use it, we use the gift of the most coveted human virtue: self-control.

WILLPOWER-the greatest human strength

It is the title of a great book given to me by my family, for Christmas, 2011. I pick it up, study it and talk about it, to others, often.

It was with the help of John Tierney--Science writer of the NEW YORK TIMES--who was impressed with the thorough research of social psychologist, Roy F. Baumeister, Florida State University, that it came be published.

Thanks to this work, willpower is no longer a figment of the imagination, or just a form of wishful thinking--the kind of thing we used to outsource to theistic gods, or to the one "true" God--the one atheists say does not exist--up there and is addressed by millions of church goers numerous times a day as "Our Father who art in heaven ..."

=============
Here is the NY TIMES review, by Steven Pinker, of the book about WILLPOWER:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/books/...?pagewanted=all

“Willpower” is an immensely rewarding book, filled with ingenious research, wise advice and insightful reflections on the human condition. And now that I’ve finished this review, I can turn my e-mail back on, spend no more than 30 minutes replying and go out to enjoy this late summer day.

Steven Pinker, Harvard College professor of psychology at Harvard University. His latest book, “The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined,” will be published soon.

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/08/13 05:03 AM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org