Quote:
Ok, my first post actually pointed out that this doesn't apply to interpretationalists.

My answer isn't supposed to appeal to fantasy, nor is God realized in the same way as word association or a Rorschach excercise.
Quote:
Basically, nothing said really makes any sense.

Not my fault, maybe you aren't really listening.
Quote:
Your operating on an entirely subjective set of points.
No I'm not, tho I can use subjective analogies to point in a direction.
Quote:
Of course if I paint my own beleifs and decide to beleive them, I would think they make sense. Unfortunately, they really don't.

Then obviously your beliefs need to change.
Quote:
The fact that you think that you've answered the prob of evil, with a quick email reply, when its been a major philosophical quandry for generations says it all. The majority of people here really have no want to discuss, but rather to force feed their own little gods on others. You did'nt really answer even one of my questions.

I probably didn't meet your expectations which is not a priority for me. But I did comment to the subjects and even the questions.
Evil is an illusion.
Quote:

""Humans wouldn't be free to evolve or to choose if God intervened in every thing humans did."" Obviously a very poor arguement. Its more difficult for people to evolve and choose, when they are burning in hell for all eternity.

There are no humans burning in hell for eternity. You are being dramatic. And I'm not trying to make an argument for the truth, but if you want to argue against my points then it will be wasted energy.
Quote:
God isn't punishing to teach, but to cause suffering. This is directly biblical. You don't teach a dog not to pee on the carpet by beating them to death.
If that, is Biblical, it is misinterpreted and mistranslated from its original meaning.

Quote:

"" Anybody can learn to play a piano but not everyone does. The reason being is that not everyone wants to learn nor wants to invest themselves in the discipline it takes to learn to play.""

Also an incredibly egocentric statement. So, the reason I don't beleive in god is because I lack discipline, or don't want to?

Yes and no. If you want to know God, you have placed something in front of you first to learn about, before you can appreciate the fullness of God. If I was to make a guess I would say it was arrogance.
Quote:
How about I've spent years in pursuit. I've praid, fasted, meditated, waited, chanted, and put myself through many painful ascetic practices in pursuit of god.

So self flagellation is a reason you should experience God?
Quote:
I've tried harder than most christians ever do. I'm sure that I understand both the contents and the history of the Bible better than most here, with some exceptions. Still isn't a logically sound, nor moral way to live.

If you haven't gained the experience of God you haven't understood the Bible. You understand it in terms of your beliefs maybe, but not in the way it was taught by the person who was quoted in the scripture.
Quote:
Your just repeating the same old, same olds, mixed up with a few new ager terms.

Isn't it amazing how truth can be spoken without understanding? The New Agers, not unlike the dogmatists who spout scripture have words at their disposal but their level of conscious awareness does not change by chanting scripture of mantras without an experience of God. The only thing they have to surrender to is their imagination which is locked in illusions of the ego.
Quote:

I have a new question. Why? Why do you beleive these things?

Beliefs change. What I experience (as experience) also changes. What it is that inspires me and supports me doesn't.
There is a constant behind the experiences and the beliefs.
One can easily recognize the difference between heaven and hell from the realization of Truth which is not relative but a constant.

Oh and Reverend. What specifically did you want summarized?

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 06/23/08 04:02 AM.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!