To: Bill S and TT: How do you feel about the three-way postings presently going on here: For you, is this a dialog? Or a debate? My apologies for the length of this post, but I was asked: What is important to you? The following is summary.

Me? I feel it is a complex of the two.
I prefer having a dialog--the sharing of information and mutual interests without the shame and blame.

This means that I take the following as a question:
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
But would you seek to measure a man by his qualifications?
Depends on the claims made, or implied, by that person's posts.

If a person's posts are are full of comments about physics and the maths of physics, I assume that the writer is a physicist.
One example: When Orac started to write I checked his profile: All it says is: Physics Computer Modeller (Is this a profession?)
Hobbies: Particle physics
===========================
Bill S: Retired
================
Bill, you say you are retired. I understand your work had something to do with the science of weather?
What are your favourite topics?
Were you every called on to teach in your field?
Are a bit of a philosopher? Is this why interest in writing to this thread?
=================================
TT, I assume your profile is a joke. What other hobbies do you have?
What questions would you like readers to ask you about?
Perhaps you are an expert in the butterflys of Antarctica smile
=========================================================
Me? Check out my profile.
I make no secret of the facts regarding my profession and the education needed to become a minister.
This is why I included the title Rev.
Over the years, besides being a minister and doing what most people think ministers are ordained to do--preaching, teaching and healing:

Over the years my ministry has involved, town planning--Happy Valley, Goosebay, Labrador, the developing and supervising and the building manses, of churches and recreation buildings.

My studies and interest in pastoral psychology--a broad field--came in very handy. I did a lot of counseling--in rural areas more than many psychologists. Pastoral work involved doing a lot of social work too. In Labrador, the provincial social worker and I met regularly to deal with social crises, including suicides and the families involved. I had similar experience is the two Large cities--Montreal and Toronto--in which I served in the last half of my ministry.

In my 80's I am still doing counselling--no fees.

Just today, I got a call from the USA. I spent about an hour listen to a person pour his heart out. There was also a long post by email.

Yes, as one who is very qualified in the field of hypnotherapy, I have worked in cooperation with hospitals and medical doctors. I have even counselled with criminals who elected to take rehabilitation programs. The programs were great successes.

I am open for all kinds of questions

I taught at Teacher's College, for five years.
I have written a weekly column for a Toronto paper.
Radio and TV broadcasting....
lecturing in Canada, the USA and the UK.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
What does, qualify a man? What is it that is important to you?
I listed my interests above. What are yours?
===================================
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME? Here it is:
PNEUMATOLOGY Does it now have the same status as a natural science? If so, a meta-prayer I have been making since 1964 has been answered,
YES!
WILLPOWER--A great book, which my family gave me for Christmas. If what is claimed here is true: We now have scientific evidence, brought to the light of day by thorough research, that "willpower"--The Greatest Human Strength--is like a physical muscle. It can be measured and put to work saving civilizations from the curse of self-destruction. Maybe I should post this in the hard sciences section. Any suggestions for a thread title, anyone?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/books/...?pagewanted=all
================

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/03/12 05:05 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org