Originally Posted By: DA Morgan
Genocide and a flood. Same thing done on previous occasions.

The monster (God?) only has one solution to any problem: Blood.

II Kings 2:24
And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LØrd. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

...I wonder why they don't read this to the kiddies in Sunday school any more?
In addition to the above, check out Deuteronomy 20--ABOUT WAR. It tells about 1300 BCE, when God ordered his chosen people to take over the land He promised them. Take especial note of verses 16-20. Here the Lord God advocates, "...kill everyone." The prophet Isaiah (the 8th. Century, BCE) tells us how the struggle continued then. In Isaiah 13, it is recorded that God advocated an all-out Holy War against Babylon, Persia (Irag/Iran, today). He promised a total destruction of the place and that it would be turned into a desert. Chapter 14 promises more destruction and that the Gentiles, "...will serve Israel as slaves."

Interestingly, if they had actually been able to do what they were told to do, with God's help, there would be no Palestinians and others to fight today. In addition, what we today call Syria, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, and most of Arabia was included as "the Promised land".

As a minister, I read many of these stories from the Bible to my congregation. I gave my opinion of them: They tell us of the vicious cruelty of the times. I alway added: "This is not the word of God, as I understand the concept".

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org