Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek

So, in otherwords, it is impossible to have a discussion with you about god, since you refuse to even talk about what god "is".
No, it would be impossible to speak of God if you don't have an open door to the reality of God since you don't accept God as a word or subject of reality.

We could have an argument about defining principals around subject/object determinism and personal viewpoints predetermined as you prescribe to, in accord with genetic disposition. cool

You're the one using 'god' as a non-word. words have definitions - you refuse definition. Ergo, it is you, not the rest of us, who don't 'know'.

Your statement
Doesn't exist = no words
If you want to have a discussion about God then you would have to accept words as something other than absolute in meaning and or definition.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

How could you know anything about anything, if the thing being referenced isn't experienced?

Because personal experience is only one path to knowledge - and, as history has shown us - one of the least useful, most prejudicial, and most prone to error routes to knowledge.

I don't agree. Having an authority dictate what is useful to understanding within any experience is ridiculous. Not only do you want to indicate free will as fantasy, but you want to establish an authority outside of choice to dictate what a person should accept regardless of experience.
Pretty much what the Church wanted to accomplish with the religions of belief in God.
You want to establish the church of science.

without a usable definition it is impossible to even discuss if something exists.

If a usable definition is not universally accepted as a reality, discussions become relevant to beliefs and not experience OR knowledge.
Lets pretend I take your tact

You haven't been able to grasp my tact since you argue it doesn't apply, so why pretend to understand what you deny?

The word god exists. Look, here it is ----> god <-----. But it describes a supernatural phenomena which does not exist. Just like the term tooth fairy describes something which does not exist.
Your authoritative definition does not apply to my experience or knowledge regarding anything supernatural or within the realm of Tooth fairies. So now what?

There are no 'personal realities' - there is only one, the universe in which we live. I can wish as much as I want for reality to conform to my personal desires; it never will - it'll conform to the physical principals which drive the universe.
If that were so you wouldn't be hiding from the opposition you described as anti-science. You would simply acknowledge the fact that within the one universe you have made yourself available to threats made by those who are genetically inclined to speak to their own version of the one universe in which they see you as a threat. In other words you knew the job was dangerous when you took it and by your own choice exposed your family to this threat.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!