Originally Posted By: Revlgking
People who believe, literally, in the God of the OT and/or the God of traditional theism are probably already stoned. laugh

Now, I hope, you will probably understand why I insist that we forget about God and start thinking about GØD. smile
Well, well, well! A note from the past (2007?). I came across it while doing some browsing.

At that time I was aware of the Ø--a special kind of 0, zero--the null, but I was not aware of [~], the tilde--in the upper case on my PC key board, how about yours? Is it, I wonder, on all PCs, now--now check yours and let me know, OK! In literature, and acronym, like CBC, NBC, USA, are tildes, or titles. In math, it is used to indicate process and progression.

At the time, the point I had in mind and was trying to make, then and now, is this:

Let us not be too stubborn or afraid to admit that atheists make a valid point when they say that there is no material evidence that gods, or any one of a number of so-called one true God, and saintly helpers like Santa, numerous other saints, angels and the like, exist as three-dimensional beings.

Just as there is such a thing as a mythic Santa based on a kind of reality, IMO, there can also be a mythic God based on a kind of reality. Myth is not just a pack of lies. But to believe that " the mythic Santa" exists as a reality, today is to believe in an illusion.

This is the basis of the book, The GOD Delusion, by the famous militant atheist, Richard Dawkins, 2008, which I have read and have underlined--questions welcomed. [More on this important theme] Believe me, there are options other than theism and atheism: cool

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/05/13 04:26 AM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org