Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TT, thanks for your effort. It is not an easy read, I always struggle to understand what you mean.

That has been an issue when someone is not familiar with something outside of their beliefs and ideals. When it comes to spirituality most live in a box.

Were you raised as a Christian, Jew, Hindu, or what?

I was raised to explore and discover on my own a direct experience of Spirituality.
I have explored and studied most of the major religions and find they all have a common point of origin. Unfortunately that common point was dismissed for beliefs that rally around individual and democratic opinions that are not in accord with the original teachings.
Religions are like branches of a tree. The religious insist on watering the branch rather than the root of the tree. This is because very very few have a direct experience of the origin of all true religions or the root of the tree of life.

SHOULD WE DEBATE? OR HAVE A DIALOGUE?
Shoulds and shouldn'ts or useful boundaries are always subject to beliefs, opinions, and levels of self worth where one has an issue with their own feelings.

Regarding what is spiritual or moral... I think the state of the worlds changing beliefs is far removed from what Spirituality or service to humanity really is, and those who claim to be spiritual have not the capacity to find God in anything other than their own ideals.

Parents discovered an idea called tough love which allows a child to discover the extents of choice and its effects upon personal growth, but more often it is instead the idea of discipline according to the parents rule.

Beliefs color all aspects of reality and without the understanding and experience of God, spirituality and morality are subjective.

God is not democratic. God is not a person bound by human or democratic idealisms.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!