Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
TT,
Your post seems to be straying from the topic into the realms of character assassination and ad hominem attacks.

Yeah, I've been saying that about this thread for some time now. Most of this thread has little to do with the topic of religion or philosphy of religion. Tho it follows a historical emotionally driven pattern of man seeking control and ownership of the subject at hand (reference crusades, Spanish inquisition and witch hunting).

Hey maybe THIS is the characteristic source or foundation of religion and philosopy of religion!

I believe one of your cohorts (Mike Kremer) promised to shut this thread down because of a similar complaint.
Quote:
THIS SITE HAS DEGENERATED INTO A SLANGING MATCH AND UNRELATED TO RELIGION AS SUCH.
ALSO A DEGREE OF ADVERTISING HAS CREPT IN...IN THE FORM OF
"WONDERCAFE" AS WELL AS AN OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION OF SUICIDE ETC
He must have repented (changed his mind)

Lumping other posters into a common pot and insulting them is not a good debate technique.

Been saying something similar in my conversations with the reverend and most recently with Orac since he has wanted to play in this sandbox, but it only brought on more of the same jabs and ad hominems. cry

Evidently some people are mostly interested in the personal point of view, as the topic at hand.

Unfortunately there is no predetermined set definition or authority for this topic other than the idea of the "Supreme Being" created thru democratic majorities. Being that the idea of free will has been brought into the discussion, it points to a personal point of view/opinion regardless of any historic precepts.

Some prefer to aggrandize the personal history in order to create the image of authority, and those of such claim to fame loudly object to the opposing position that might weaken the illusion of authority.
So I think the topic at hand has been drawn to the idea of "What is authority?"

A repeated idea made by the reverend is to use the moderator as the leverage for having more power either as a threat or a suggestion, but so far no moderator has engaged this thread other than to address a complaint or make a threat themselves.
However since the moderator failed to make his promise to take down this thread, that image of authority kinda blew over and now we are still left without an authoritative model for the subject at hand.

Maybe you'd like to step in and claim authority for the topic of religion and philosophy of religion.? smile You couldn't do any worse than anyone else here.
The reverend has always wanted to have someone direct the will and the way if he can't have all the power himself... whistle
Please stick to the topic at hand.

The topic at hand seems to be about something other than the Thread topic.
The reverend has recently brought up the character assassinations of posters in his private conversations with Kate as a subject in this thread. Posting a guaranteed source of information for anyone who would pm himself or Kate for validation of such character determination.

Tho he could be intimating the positive points of slandering people privately, I think he was trying to make a point towards his ongoing disgruntled condition, regarding my statements towards his failure to understand the topic he started, and a need to seek validation for having a connection to an authority he can't command for himself. wink
So the topic at hand seems to continually point toward who has authority to command the will and the way.

I'd be pleased as punch to stay on thread topic if there is an authoritative and defined boundary to the thread subject, and everyone else would like to do the same.

As long as everyone wants to talk about other things then I wanna play with what the majority is discussing. I hate feeling left out. wink smile

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!