BillS--For short, may I call you, BS? smile Envy, a sin? Not necessarily!

THE NATURE OF SIN
Like most things in life, envy, is only a sin if it is deliberately carried too far. IMO, religion carried too far becomes a sin. Many people are so heavenly-minded that they are no earthly good.

RELIGION CARRIED TOO FAR
IMO, any religion which claims to be the one and only and True Religion and thinks, speaks and act on the basis that all other religions are false is, IMO, one that has gone too far.

UNITHEISM--A THEOLOGY FOR ME, NOW
As a unitheist, of course there are things--physically, mentally and spiritually--which I believe in, value and hold dear.

But I like to think of myself as having an evolving philosophy of faith and religion--one that does not insist that I have and hold to a fixed-position, for all time, on all topics that life has to offer. As a unitheist I welcome the sincere and probing-kind of questions asked by people, including myself, with scientific minds.

SOMATOLOGY, PSYCHOLOGY AND PNEUMATOLOGY
I agree that I have a somatolgical (physical) body and a psychological (mental) mind. However, I also think of myself as a pneumatological (spiritual) being--that is, I have the ability to affirm:

FOR ME, AFFIRMATIONS WORK BETTER THAN PETITIONS. HERE IS ONE I USE. Using it, I find no need to plead with a reluctant and non-existent idol some call god.
I am, therefore, I think and I affirm that I have the conscious power to choose to be who I am, to know what I need to know, and to do that which I can do to generate goodness, organize opportunities and deliver that which is desirable and needed to me, to others and to the world in which we all live.

For some time now, while viewing the primary colours--blue (green) yellowxxxxx and red (more on this, later)--I have been using a version of the above affirmation, regularly. I use it before I go to sleep at night, on arising in the morning, and any time, I feel the need, during the waking hours.

Quote:
OFFENDED, ANYONE?
I (LGKing) ask out of curiosity: Is there anyone, including any self-aware atheist/agnostic, who finds anything offensive in the above affirmation. There is all kinds of evidence that it helps increase the odds that good things will happen. Let me know if it works for you as it has for me.

Last edited by Revlgking; 09/12/11 05:29 PM. Reason: Always a good idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org