Originally Posted By: Revlgking
I agree with Tolle and those who say: The NOW--like G~O~D--is always within and around us.

I doubt Tolle ever drew a line of separation with the NOW other than to describe the ego and what it does when it stands separate from the NOW.
As much as you try to paste your own ideas of reality upon the expanded experiences of others, it never makes the same impact.
You remind me of someone who might read a medical journal and pretend to have a conversation about medicine with a seasoned surgeon. The pretense of assumption just doesn't have the impact that knowledge and experience has with the subject at hand.
Especially when you imagine you are equal to others who have greater experience and understanding.

Originally Posted By: Revlgking

However, in my opinion: The NOW is not just a point that is fixed in time; it is one that flows like the winds and the waves.
Well everyone has an opinion, and many do have thoughts about those things they have no experience of.
Isn't that a hoot. Like a child having an opinion of adulthood without having yet become an adult. What is created is the illusion of objectivity from the subjective mind.

Religious preachers have a history of dictating what God is and what God wants and desires without ever having the experience of God outside of the three known states of consciousness.

Anyway the NOW is neither movement or stillness. All perceptions of movement within the now are reflections of consciousness in activity.

Relative states of consciousness have their own subjective and objective experiences that define the differences that make the relative states of consciousness. Like sleeping dreaming and waking states.
The expanded states that exist above and beyond the known three result in experiences that are usually foreign to the awareness of human belief and opinion.
Belief and opinion are like colored glasses that alter perception. Usually they dull the subtle senses and obscure the nature of consciousness.

Perhaps you could just will the world around you to accept your beliefs as you accept them.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!