Correction:
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TO ONE AND ALL IN 2011-Either way, let's have a dialogue about the way "The News" is reported but...
Bill, of course I meant to write:
Quote:
by "The authorities", and consumed by us.
Bill, I am sure that you, being an astute poster, caught the error. However, I wanted to make sure that my meaning is as clear as possible.

I assume that we all know that history is replete with stories--some true; and perhaps some are not completely so--of how miscommunication affected history. For example, take a look at:

http://myfivebest.com/five-ways-miscommunication-led-to-disaster/

THE FIRST PROPHETS AND PRIESTS--the clergy--WERE PROBABLY OUR FIRST PROFESSIONALS: TEACHERS, DOCTORS, LAWYERS, WRITERS, AUTHORS, JOURNALISTS--you name it
========================================================
BTW, here's a thought: The Latin verb to write is scribere. The ancients--our ancestors, let us not forget--believed that writing was a gift of the gods (monotheism came later). Scribes, whether they wrote on stones, clay tablets, or on papyrus, wrote scriptura. They really believed they were doing the will of the gods...or God. The idea of G0D & GOD--Yahweh & Elohim--was, then, long way in the future.

What we call the Bible, is really nothing more, or less, than a collection of old and probably popular articles from the scriptura--the ancient papers from the past. Let's face it, some of the scriptura--the Bible--is seldom read, except by scholars.

It is so dull and so boring that it must have been "paid advertising".

And keep in mind: IMO, not even scribes were above being bribed. Or perhaps some of them were the children of Solomon. With a thousand wives, he must have had many sons and daughters who needed a summer job working for the local paper ... Or was it the local clay tablet?

IMO, Moses probably didn't write the books of Moses; he was probably the publisher, and perhaps the editor.

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/05/11 11:06 PM. Reason: Always a good idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org