As an American Indian I am always amazed by the concept of God. It has been my observation "religion" is not a philosophy as much as it is a man-created idea, probably originating to control people. I acknowledged "religion" has been philosophized by the rationale of the human mind but really, the human mind rationalizing anything, even murder. Now, to experiential occurrences, such as sense contact with an otherwise not wholly understood "supreme being," this is also defined by one's teachings, from a human standpoint. Probably the idea of Creation is better understood by science, a science we do not know yet. As long as we live and breathe, however, we ought not to overlook and hence be ungrateful, for the marvels of the human body alone and its human mind, processing the senses, including fear and emotions BUT also we possess conscience. Conscience is perhaps God-gifted as it is a link to higher intelligence beyond our human selves. However, anything coming from the conscience is also tweaked by the human mind according to how immersed it is with the human-body and the chemicals and acids animating through the bloodstream.

In any regard, American Indian "Philosophy" says, underpinning all physical reality is "spirit," spirit is conscious, has intelligence and Will all for the benefit of the life of earth. All things possess spirit. One day we will know what this is, spirit, and therefore, might be able to understand God. Spirit is a science we just don't know about yet.