I THINK OF MYSELF AS A SOMA, PSYCHE, PNEUMA BEING
Without preaching at people, or being dogmatic, I think of myself as a complex integration of soma (physical), psyche (mental) and pneuma (spiritual) factors. For better or for worse, I am a pneuma-psychosomatic being, who happens to have a psyche (an animal-like mind) and a soma (an animal-like body).

BTW, IMO, being a physically strong, a mentally well-educated a spiritually-aware and human-like being, full of willpower would not make me, automatically, a moral, ethical, loving, good and humane person. Quite the opposite: It could make me all the more dangerous and socially destructive. Think of the large number of well-educated and sophisticated people who constituted the Nazi Party of the 1930's. Currently, think of many modern advocates of terrorism.

But without the pneuma factor I would have no conscious awareness of my unique self-hood--of my personal individuality and would unlikely be prepared to make any changes needed. I would not not be able to say: I am, therefore I have the willpower to choose to be what I ought, or not not, to be. With a basic pneuma I am at least prepared to say: I was, I am and here is what I will to be. Therefore, I choose to think, to learn, to understand, to know, to take action and get things done.

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/07/12 04:12 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org