Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Kallog, long ago, I got rid of the idea of an idol-like 'god' who has, or needs to have, things. GOD already has, and is, all that is desirable and delightful--everything.

And all that is undesirable and causes unhappynes - everything, which makes it about as enlightening as 1=1.

Quote:

By connecting with GOD which, like Nature, IS, I get the right share of all kinds of guidelines, opportunities, confidence and energy to act in the service of self, family and of the public good--practically, including politically and economically.

But that's just what atheists get. They too have a strong awareness of nature and the people around them.

Atheism doesn't mean being bad, or directionless, or not doing things for the good of self, family, and others. It doesn't impede political and economic motivation. In fact atheism can be better because it doesn't put an artificial barrier (God/GOD) as the top priority which sometimes gets in the way of doing good things.

I have a feeling you got to your position because you started as a religious person. You've stripped away nearly all the extra bits that religions attach to God, and ended up in the position that most people would call athiesm. Except you still have your old belief in something supernatural, so you call your non-god GOD and give it a couple of unhelpful supernatural properties (expanding nature into, and lasting forever) to make sure it doesn't evaporate entirely.

Wouldn't the next logical steps be to remove those superfluous properties, rename it "Ugbugu" and then phase it out altogether so you can be guided directly by the real world instead of looking through this transparent layer?