POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION--and, in my opinion all depressions of all kinds--as the following CBC (Canadian) radio program illustrates, is not a simplistic problem. That is, it is not one with a simplistic physical, or mental, or spiritual cause and/or a simplistic solution. It is, IMO, a holistically complex one--one having to do with how our essential human components--what St. Paul called (I Thess. 5) our soma, psyche, and pneuma (body, mind and spirit)--relate and interact in society and community.

Interestingly, the psychiatrist admits the complex nature of depression. However, instead of speaking of it as being a body (soma), mind (psyche) and spirit (pneuma) kind of complexity, she speaks of it as being a bio-psycho-social one. Of course I agree that our social and community relationships are very closely connected to who we are, spiritually. With this in mind, check out:

POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION--A HOLISTIC PROBLEM WITH A HOLISTIC SOLUTION

Tuesday, May 15, Matt Galloway, the host of METRO-MORNING--CBC radio, Toronto, spoke about postpartum depression with Dr. Ariel Dalfen. She is a psychiatrist and the author of the book "When Baby Brings the Blues", and head of the peri-natal mental health program at Mount Sinai Hospital External Site.

Here is the audio (runs 6:06)

http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplayer.html?clipid=2235027530

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/17/12 08:51 PM. Reason: Always good to do

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org