Orac, I learn little or nothing from what you call
Originally Posted By: Orac
I am sorry TT but that is a pile of mindless rhetoric and about as vacuous and non descript as anyone could write....
Then you add:
Quote:
I am sure he follows the 3 main concepts of Methodist founders

1.People are all, by nature, "dead in sin," and, consequently, "children of wrath."
2.They are "justified by faith alone."
3.Faith produces inward and outward holiness....
How did I do Rev K?
Interestingly, way back (1955), at Boston University--founded by Methodists (Followers of John Wesley and his family)--I did an extensive course on the ideas of the Methodist movement.
=====
What you describe in more like Calvinism & Lutheranism, than Methodism.

John Wesley, the son of an Anglican minister--a political activist--was an Anglican minister. So were two of his brothers. Methodism was more into FREEDOM OF THE WILL and a liberal kind thinking, not into blind faith.

He was also a pragmatist, into social justice for all classes. The Methodist were up front about public education, holistic health, abolishing slavery and the like.

THE ROOTS OF THE UCC, and why it called "united":
The United Church of Canada (1925)--very open to new evidence-based ideas (science)--owes a lot to it Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian, Congregationalist and other roots.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org