Thanks for your time to answer Ellis .. regardless it helps.

Originally Posted By: Ellis

Orac- As Bill S says I actually do not believe in God. Unlike you I have never struggled with this decision.

Growing up I had no choice it was discouraged/forbidden and even more so for me as I was chosen and sent to state run advanced schooling.

What I am struggling with most at the moment is fundemental understanding there seems to be alot of covert understanding. I am not sure how to explain this ... I lack the words. They seem to want me to become converted to the religion before I am allowed to understand what it is I am agreeing to ... that probably doesn't make sense.

Quote:

I knew as a child I did not believe in the supernatural in any form. I did however have an unusually solid grounding in the doctrine of the (protestant) christian faith, and since then I have enjoyed researching other religions. You may find that your quest ends in a similar way. Enlightenment has many possibilities and knowledge can lead to unforeseen destinations.

That is most certainly true.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.