Originally Posted By: redewenur
...Rev, I'm curious about your view on certain lesser cosmic events.
You ask my view about such events--lesser or greater: I only know what scientists who study such events tell us. If you are such a scientist--Are you?--I ask: Do such events take place in finite, or infinite, space?
Then you comment
Quote:
For example, it may be that somewhere in the 100 billion observable galaxies, intelligent species - perhaps even human-like - have been eradicated by, for example, supernovae.

Does that sound at all loving and GOD-like? Gentle, or humane?...
Your question implies that you think of GOD as a person. I do not.

As a unitheist, I think of myself as a person who is, within GOD--as infinite, eternal, immeasurable and indescribable being.

GOODNESS & GRACE
Sophisticated theists think of 'God' in a similar way when they use terms like omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. It is people who like to think simplistically who make 'god' as an idol.

ORDER & OPPORTUNITY
BTW, in keeping with the order and opportunities of life, it has always been my understanding that if I break the laws of nature--for example, the laws of gravity--there will be consequences, including death of my body.

DESIRE & DESIGN
It is my responsibility and desire to find and design ways and means to cooperate with nature and the laws which govern it.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org