LOL TT,
Very subtle, but I enjoy your composition and excellent mechanics and structure too.
===

Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Anon, here is the citation you asked for: It is in Exodus 3:14. Moses asks God "What do I call you?" God replies with "Tell your people I am becoming".

The King James version is: "I am that I am." The 1952 Revised standard version is: "I am who I am."

The literal Hebrew--which, BTW, has no future tense, is: "I am becoming who I am becoming.".

Interestingly, the name Jesus--the Latin and Greek form--in Hebrew is Joshua, or more fully yehoshuah. It can be translated as "I amness is what saves us". Perhaps it needs be said that it is our use of consciousness--our I amness--which saves or destroys.
Originally Posted By: ~K
At this God said to Moses: "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE." And he added: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU."
Ex, 3:14; New World Translation, 1984.(Jehovah's Witnesses)
I like the "becoming" version better; but just fyi... an odd rendering above, eh? One could ponder on "prove" for quite a while, I think; but still, ...a process! Thanks Rev.
~K

Funny story: A couple of weeks ago I was wanting a Bible, to look for stewardship quotes.
A week later I got a visit from the JW's (they seem to find me about once per decade), and eventually I did get a Bible out of the deal; but before that....
I was shocked to learn that they didn't know what the word "stewardship" meant; just had not seemed to have heard the word before. frown
They are a very "insulated" people.
===

Later, I've realized I could get a version of a Bible (for just 2.95), on one of those Kindle e-books.

King James Bible; Kindle Format, Mecum (2008).
Exodus, 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hath sent me unto you.

Hey! Wasn't that Popeye's line? ...Oh.... ...No, that was "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam...."
smile
==
I suspect I AM, or I WILL PROVE TO BE, are translated from a single word that conveys the concept.
...something like yehosh, ...or I'mness....
~K
smile