Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek

So in otherwords, you're using a definition of 'god' that is so meaningless as to be useless.

No, I don't define God.

So, in otherwords, it is impossible to have a discussion with you about god, since you refuse to even talk about what god "is".

"The Rest of Us" refers to all those you know and don't know, (assuming everyone experiences and thinks the same as you) who see God as a non-word describing something that doesn't exist, but gives meaning to a conversation regarding what doesn't exist?

You're the one using 'god' as a non-word. words have definitions - you refuse definition. Ergo, it is you, not the rest of us, who don't 'know'.

How could you know anything about anything, if the thing being referenced isn't experienced?

Because personal experience is only one path to knowledge - and, as history has shown us - one of the least useful, most prejudicial, and most prone to error routes to knowledge.

If something doesn't exist but the authoritative example for the word (dictionary) describing the non-thing is your point of reference, why would you give a non-thing any thought or any credibility to the dictionary?

Because, without a usable definition it is impossible to even discuss if something exists. Lets pretend I take your tact - refusing to acknowledge the definition of a word. But instead of the definition of 'god', I'm going to refuse to define the term "tooth fairy". Now, how do we ever begin to discuss the non/existence of the tooth fairy, if I refuse to acknowledge what the term "tooth fairy" implies in its common useage?

Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Everyone is familiar with the word God.

LOL. Doesn't exist = no words.
Than simply put no one can be anti-god. Since God is a non word and doesn't exist, nor could you have a conversation about something you can't know anything about since it can't exist.[/quote]
The word god exists. Look, here it is ----> god <-----. But it describes a supernatural phenomena which does not exist. Just like the term tooth fairy describes something which does not exist.

No, authoritatively prescribed definitions of personal realities that seek to reduce the experience to a non-experience, or to prove a non-experience to be a real experience.

There are no 'personal realities' - there is only one, the universe in which we live. I can wish as much as I want for reality to conform to my personal desires; it never will - it'll conform to the physical principals which drive the universe.

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA