Sam et al: Here is the thread that I told SAGGO about earlier. Please check it out. It is a dialogue I am having with a poster named Arminius--ARM I call him. He is quite a thinker at the www.wondercafe.ca forum. This is brief exchange we had, recently.

Quote:
====================================================
ARM, let us have a dialogue. Here goes:
Originally Posted By: Arminius
ARM: I think Moses' definition of God as "I AM" is a good one (definition) because it essentially is beyond definition.

LGK: Arm, I agree. It sounds good--that is, G~0~D-like and it is enlightened to me! With a polite nod to Rene Descartes, I like to say, "I AM! Therefore, I have Will-power. It is the power to think, to know, to do and to grow. What more do we need, eh!

ARM: God just is: Being. Limitless. Being, of course, is experienced, moment by precious moment. In defining experience, and believing the definition to be what we experience, we limit experience to a particular set of definitions.

ARM: But in just being, pure being, pure unconceptualized being, as in meditation, we experience God.

LGK: Please continue!

ARM: The Taoist word for God is TAO.

The TAO that can be told is not the TAO (The Way). -Lao Tsu

LGK: It is reported that a Lutheran reformer put it this way: "A god understood is no god at all. It is an idol held in the mind."

So true! So many of us are guilty of creating 'gods' in our own image.

Arm, I conclude my part of this dialogue with my answer to the question--How do you define 'god'?--by saying, I DON'T, I simply tune in to, or connect with, my personal physical, mental and spiritual experiences--warts and all. Then I seek to grow--somatically, psychologically and pneumatologically, from there. Questions and comments are welcome!

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/27/13 12:57 AM. Reason: Always helpful!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org