Originally Posted By: Ellis
I must confess to LOL at the thought of being a religionist- and the rest of TTs misunderstandings and dogmatic arguments reminded me why I had had him on 'ignore' for literally years!

Interpretation is it not?
Personally I don't see misinterpretation as an issue unless it's equally spread about. The Rev. Considers me an enigma, and you may think because I don't necessarily tread the same path in identification with your personal reality that I can't interpret what you say..

What is life about? Defining experience and definition into an agreement, or a single path?

I like to think there are higher cognitive functions of the mind than individual perspectives that create isolation and the need to block out parts of our universe. Paths may be seen to converge in the expanded view, where they may not be seen as the same from judgment.
I think most will agree when facing another and their conflicting point of view in principal, but unconsciously, I think personal judgments get in the way of such objective ideals.
Originally Posted By: Ellis

On the other hand being thought a religionist does speak to the part of me that attempts to be fair-minded, adaptable and tolerant (though obviously NOT very humble!)

Your defining approach is both interesting and revealing.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!