Quote:
I study, and practice what I find to be true in, pneumatology--the study of the spirit (the self) in all its manifestations.
The self in the act of Svadhaya is the consciousness that underlies individuality rather than the individual soul. The soul is a reflection of God in individual expression.

Since God will not be contained in any image, it is only reflected in the images of creation. We as individuals are made in the image of God as stated in scripture.
There is another translation of the bible where Moses is speaking to God and after 40 years of contemplating the name of God Moses asks God "What do I call you?" God replies with "Tell your people I am becoming"
Being that reflections continually change there is no single image or reflection that contains the entirety of God. The universe with its billions of galaxies and lifeforms emulate the infinite expression of God.
Religions tend to isolate a few thoughts concerning the nature of God and God's creation and as such place man as a significant part in God's creation. It is in fact not man the image but humanity in its essence. The soul and free will is what humanity is, the images are more like clothing one puts on to immerse ones self in the sense of activity.
Morals are created and fixed to the images of the clothing rather than the eternal soul or consciousness itself which is the underlying nature of everything.

"I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.
Split a piece of wood; I am there.
Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

Consciousness can be found in everything that is living and not living. Some only believe consciousness is found in living things but that is because they do not experience consciousness, they only have an idea about it.

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 06/30/08 04:29 PM.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!