DA, I wouldn't knee-jerk write-off the possibility that Prayer could influence the growth of plants. I grew up on a vegetable farm, and my Dad often experimented with his crops. One year we planted our spices in a North-South orientation. Everything else was planted East-West. Planting east-west gave us shorter, more manageable rows. My dad wanted to see if the fact that the plants were growing in each others shade would slow their growth. With herbs and spices, slower growth equals better quality. What we saw came as a surprise. The spices grew faster than ever before. Dad figured that maybe the plants were atuned to the Earth's Magnetic Field. Whatever. The next year we planted everything BUT the spices and herbs North-South. Everything grew faster and was more prolific than ever before, except the spice which slowed down again. We never went back to East-West rowing.

Rev, I just read that your daughter lives in Tofino. Samll World, I've visited there. We had some friends, through Track and Field, who lived in Port Alberni. We flew into Tofino on their private plane. It's literally at the "end of the road on Vancouver Island. Rain, rain and more rain. And cold. It seems to be one of those little enclaves that you come across now and again ( like Ukaiah, California, Far North Queensland, Maui and Kauai) where Hippies have gone to escape "The Man" and drop out of Society. You have my condolences.