[quote name='teacher' timestamp='1351375591' post='2847510']
Hypothetical space.

That is, nothing. Nothing but a vacuum. Materialize a mass in our space and blow it up. The matter will disperse omni directionally. Almost immediately the area occupied by the mass will become empty, the matter moving outward in all directions. Immediately after explosion the matter will slow it's outward expansion. The matter dispersed like the skin of a ball that is constantly expanding will expand until the gravity of the matter overcomes it's it inertia and begins to shrink back again into a single mass at the original point of materialization.

This post is not concerned with the time that the matter shrinks but the time at which the matter is expanding.

The matter can be seen at this time as being dispersed in such a manner as the green area in this image...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

image from http://www.teber.biz/materials/images/boyut7.jpg

from site http://www.teber.biz

The x,y,z coordinates 0,0,0 being the point at which our matter materialized.

The current accepted theory of how our universe came to be is big bang theory (no, not the TV show with Sheldon who I'm waiting for someone to kick the snot out of). If this is true then the green area of that 3d sphere is the distribution of the matter of our universe. Our telescopes are presently theorized as being able to see 13-14 billion light years away. I call this our visible universe. As within our ability to see there is not empty space one assumes that our visible universe must be within the skin of our 3d ball as detonated by the red outline...

A cross section of our 3d sphere on the x,y axis yields fig. 1 (yes I moved the red section some.) As the farthest we can see is 13-14 billion light years, (I'm gonna go with 14 billion), that would yield us a visible universe that is 28 billion light years in diameter.

As the explosion of matter in a vacuum throws matter in all directions the section in blue directly opposite the red section must also be 28 billion light years across. This means that the diameter of our sphere must be at least 56 billion years.

The current accepted theoretical universal speed limit is 186,000 miles/second. "c", proposed by Einstein.

The current accepted theoretical age of the universe is 13.7 billion years.

As the fastest that matter can move is c, and the universe is 13.7 billion years old then then the theoretical limit of our sphere's diameter is 13.7 x 2, or 27.4 billion light years.

The math doesn't add up, sumpin is wrong. One of these is incorrect...

1. The big bang theory.
The Deuce. How we determine the furthest we can see.
Craps. The age of the universe.
IV. c being the speed limit of matter.

That's all I'm saying in this post, that at least one of those is incorrect.
[/quote]

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?