Bt now you (explicative deleted as I first posted this at a liberal web site where they love me dearly, as you can imagine) know I can't stands scientists that say "is" or "isn't" before they should be saying these things. "Might" or "might not" I can deal with. And no, this post an't about the 'global warming is %100 mad made' idiots. They're too easy. It's about the precambrian extinction. About 600 million years or so ago a lot of life died. Lotsa theories. A solar event is a good one, gamma ray burster maybe, and the usual giant meteor strike deal. Seen some few shows about blokes looking for the impact crater, we gots stuff in space now that makes this pretty easy, and so far a real good candidate for the crater ain't been found causing some few so-called scientists to get their dander up and 'proclaim' that as there is no giant crater from back then then that 'absolutely' rules out a meteor strike. But I thought of sumpin. Know what a subduction zone is? Here ya go...

http://images.google.com/images?q=subduction+zones&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=r-A_S8bsOsyutgfm4bCGCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCAQsAQwAw

the first one from that page...

So if the crater where at the plate that is going under another plate the evidence would by now be magma. No evidence.

Not saying that this is what caused the precambrian extintion, or that it didn't, just pointing out that these PhDs on TV are wrong when they say "can't", that's all. They must be giving these doctorate degrees away.

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?