Originally Posted By: redewenur
Marchi, that was answered in your earlier threads.

Posts. I'm sure you mean posts. I have no other threads here. Yea, I've alluded to all this before but in that last post there I like to think I put down my thoughts a tad more betterer this time such that Joe and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha six pack can understand what I'm trying to say.

You should try it.

Quote:
A reminder: There's no known limit, such as c, on velocity of objects relative to each other,

Yea, see, right there. I don't speak like that. God's honest truth, I don't know what that really means, but I'll give it a shot...

Have I mentioned my hypothetical spaceship at this site? The HMS Blowme? Not sure. Anyway, at times when I discuss, and when I say "discuss" I mean "pontificate" about mattters concerning the speed of light and such I use the HMS Blowme for illustrative purposes. So I'm in my ship, the HMS Blowme going balls at 99% c travelling say, up the y axis in my little 3d sphere there and the HMS Blowme's sister ship, Bob, is going 99% c down the y axis. So, relatively, they are moving away from each other at 198% c.

Is that what you are talking about?

Quote:
only relative to the spacetime through which they move.

Do they speak English in your little nerdatorium there?

So now I gots to put on my little space/time hat. This does not come naturally to me, it's all so confusifying. A warm up: I'm in the HMS Blowme going 2c, time is passing slower for me (kinda like when you have to listen to your girl talk about her feelings) than it is on Earth. So what you are saying is... yea, I don't know what you are saying.

Quote:
If you'd like to see how the galaxies are arranged, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0xd0PrYaY8&feature=player_detailpage

I'll watch it, I always watch these things, though I usually end up screaming obscenities at the TV, especially when dark energy rears it's ugly made up head. But as far as how galaxies are arranged is that about galactic clusters, galactic super-cluster and what not?

Quote:
...particularly from about 20 minutes into the video.

There's a wealth of such info available. You're not obliged to believe it, of course. You won't be placed under house arrest or anything.

Is that a veiled insult?

I'm not sure what all that has to do with my "sumpin wrong" post other than are you saying that c as a speed limit is incorrect?

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?