Originally Posted By: redewenur
I gather you didn't like that answer.

What gave it away?

Listen, red, I was just busting your chops. All's fair in love and debate. It's not like I hate you like poison like that Ocar stiff. What's his deal anyway? Almost every single post of his is just plain nasty.

Quote:
Fine, so let's say it does have meaning to ask "which object stops first?".

Meaning as in 'this affects my life, good Lord if I don't find this out, quick like, I'm gonna go find a conclave of nerds and go postal?" Nah.

Meaning as in "I was wondering and I just so happen to know of a conclave of nerds that I can banter this about with?" Yes.

Quote:
Maybe you disagree with this:-

Maybe. But if you like I'll try my damnedest to find some slim reason to.

Quote:
When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body. So each will have the same momentum, whatever their mass. Consider what that means regarding the velocity of each. You might discover that they will come to rest at the same time.

Well, now that you put it like that, that works for me.

I do believe that originally was a question...

Originally Posted By: Marchimedes

A side question: Will the feces halt and start travelling towards the Monkey before the Monkey halts as the Monkey has greater mass?

Yep, sure was.

See? In this case my little private conclave of nerds gave me that which I was pining for.

Quote:
Yes, even as a layman, I can go with that. Hope that cheers you up.

Quote:
Of course time is a factor. Acceleration takes time. But you want to believe they will exceed the speed of light?

I want to believe?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Alternatively you could study the subject.

Why bother? After all, I've a conclave of nerds to run my crap by.

See how this works?

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?