Paul, if your image is real then I would say they definitely knew how to build a load bearing wheel.

Which actually begs the question why did they roll the blocks on sticks. I guess it requires knowledge to know that you could use a pile of wheels to distribute any massive load and the ability to load it relatively flat. I love that TV series "monster moves" and the things they move.

The other answer, I guess is people power was a hell of a lot easier to obtain especially if you had slaves. That is just at odds for the romantic notion of the Egyptians. Is it actually settled that the workers were slaves?

Originally Posted By: machemedes
This wheel thing is not a big deal to me. Even if they did have the wheel, evidence points them not, the materials of the day couldn't hold up to the sheer weight and ammount of use.

Machemedes, you probably need to watch the tv series and the concept of distributing a load. I have seen images from my homeland of Alexander the great doing this trick and the Romans and other ancient civilizations have similar images.

I do however agree with you machemedes that there is no evidence of this.

So my question becomes why don't you use that same standard on your other idea of the water level? There is no evidence of that either.

My image above is the same as your image of an intestine a great illustration of how it might of been done but totally not helpful as to whether it was done.

Just the discussion this far, shows the slippery slope of attributing technology to civilizations without actual evidence. We now have our Egyptians using intestines as a levelling device and moving the huge blocks on multiple wheeled dollies. I am telling you we should be able to mount a case they had lasers levels as they have the key component being glass.

These sorts of discussions need the same burden of proof you can't chop and change. Not my thread machemedes but I think you need some consistency on how you approach this stuff.

Last edited by Orac; 01/26/16 03:09 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.