For the record scientists don't build houses. We leave that to Engineers, Builders and some woodsman to do. You probably need to find a more relevant example to attack us evil no good for nothing scum with. We are far to busy playing with the fun stuff like nukes in our tweed suits to get our hands dirty. Besides what would the Engineers do if we solved building problems.

I can't even master setting up a good beer keg and you really want me to build your house? I serve a pretty mean foam in a cup.

Scientists didn't build the first boat (Noah - farmer), car (Ford - machinist), train (Watt - Engineer) or plane (Wright bothers - Machinists) either along with long lists of other things. So as inventors of all the important things in life us poor scientists are hopeless, I have no idea why people keep us around. Machemedes is into politics it's probably a question for his forum. Paul phone your political representative and get on this, demand they pull all science funding and give it to the woodsman.

Again discussion not relevant to science but I readily agree you are correct, the wood cabin join would never have been discovered by any scientist.

It is also highly likely no scientist will work out how the pyramids were built mainly because of the way the discipline works. We will leave that honor to Engineers, Builders, Woodsman, Archaeologists or Machemedes and there is nothing wrong with that. I have already accepted I can't setup a keg, and trust me that is far worse to me.

Last edited by Orac; 02/03/16 07:46 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.