Originally Posted By: paul
so this is the right place to discuss it , because the trolls of science searching for new things to lay claim on don't hang around in these boring science forums.

That is your view and you are entitled to it.

To make this understandable to you, you are a member of a religion and you can't change the rules how that religion works can you? If you want to change the rules then you have to form you own religion.

Scientific rigour isn't decided by me your or anyone else on this backwater science forum or any science forum, and we can't change it.

Feel free to make your own version of science but posting on here complaining about how science should change this or that is a waste of time and effort. You have been doing it for how many years here now, and no-one in science cares.

Do you think the Pope cares if you post about how the rules of the Roman Catholic church should change? Same problem, You or I don't have the capacity to change the rules.

What gets tiresome is layman who can't even bother to learn the rules of science complaining and getting agro about those rules being applied to their discussions. It's a science forum we are supposed to apply the rules of science and that should not cause agro as it's outside our control.

Rose my dear, can I offer a suggestion why don't we have a section on the site called "Science and or it's rules are wrong/bad and I would like to discuss my topic under how science should work which is better". Sort of a nice positive neutral tone. To be honest I don't mind if you make a section called "Evil, Bad ungodly fantasy science" where we have discussions with science norms, so at least I know what standards we are using. Would seem to stop a certain amount of agro on the site by keeping the two groups apart. At the moment it's confusing when people want to discuss things using actual science or use something else.

Last edited by Orac; 02/03/16 04:14 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.