I been looking for this number for over a decade.

Half a million, baby. It's my first half a million. Gots another thread right on it's heel fixing to do the same.

I ain't been here for a while but I'm busy at my politics site. It goes well. Posted this the other day...

-

"What is the mass of a photon?

I was watching a YouTube late at night the other night about science. They were going on and on and on about how the edge of the Milky Ways star's speed is the same as inner stars. I'll take them at thier word. They who are called they tell us that the farther away a mass is from a system's center mass is the slower the speed of said mass should be. For instance, Mercury speeds around the sun more fasterer than does Neptune.

This rant is about dark matter, which, if you are up to speed in "...and the horse you rode in on" and "The universes expansion accelleration solved", threads by I, you would know I have some problems with the theory that is dark matter. The scientific community gives us estimates of how much matter there is in any given system. The scientific community then uses these estimates to calculate the gravitational pull of all of said matter, then says there ain't enough matter to account for the behavior of stars and such. So, a while back, after all of the scientific communities calculations of matter and it's gravitation effects on other matter they came out and said they were wrong about how many stars there are out there. They now say there are about three(3) times as many as they originally said there were. That's a bit of a difference when it comes to calculating how much mass there is in, for this rant, the Milky Way.

Before they even came out with this correction I posed a question. I've read that there is, on average, one atom/cubic cm is the viod of space. Cents I mentioned this I've seen all kinds of estimate. One atom/cubic meter, or whatever. Whatever it is, they who are clled they are telling me there are buku atoms in the void of space. My question back then was did thier calulations of the ammount of matter within any given system account for the ammount of atoms in the void of space. I've never gotten an answer nor have I seen this observation begun to be addressed. Eh, such is my world. But then I've covered all that.

What is new is that in my late night viewing it just friggin hit me that there are all these photons flying around in space. We see the light of all these distant starts, they who are called they tell me that that is photons I'm seeing. That's buku photons, folks.

Does these photons weigh anything?

If they do, even if they weigh down into the realm of close to nuttin, they still weigh sumpin.

I dig some lite digging into this querry. At first glance, I'm seeing a lot of photons weigh nuttin.

I have two(2) problems with this.

Welcome to the horse thread.

1. Gravitaional lensing. Shame ya'll ain't up to speed, I've spent time on this in the two(2) threads. Gravitational lensing, by my reading first got proved by Einstein when during an eclipse showed stars behind our star gettin photographed. Light from these stars got bent around the gravity of our sun. Cents then we've shown, lookin at distant galaxies, the light of galaxies behind them. If the gravity of our sun or other galaxies can warp/bend the trajectory of photons does that not mean that photons have mass?

The Deuce. So they that are called they say there is a black hole in the center of every single stinking galaxy. The density of said blacks holes is so great that not even light can escape thier gravity. Light is photons and photons have no mass so how can a gravitational beast even as great as a black hole have any effect on a massless particle/wave such as photons? No matter where you go in, say, our Milky Way, there you are. You see light/photons from all the stars that are old enough to have put out photons long ago enough to make it to your point of view. That's buku photons.

What if they weigh sumpin?

What if there are these buku dispersed atoms throughout our Milky Way/ They too, weigh sumpin.

All I'm asking is has the so-called scientific community accounted for all this mass in their consideration of the theory called dark matter?"

-

I cleaned it up some. I hope I didn't miss anything. My bad if I missed sumpin.

What I am now enjoying is that I penned that post, decided it was worth of this place, came to this place and saw I blasted through the half million view mark.

Marchimedes is well pleased.

So, I have to post this post, get this post up on top where it is easily viewed for my screen capture sos that I can thke that screen shot back to my political site and rub it in.

A nice "what does a photon weigh"? rant, half a million, baby, and a fine excuse to be the usual jerk that is me.

It's a banner day for ol' teach.

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?