Originally Posted By: Marchimedes
Are archeologistest scientists or engineers?

They are neither they are there own discipline. It is a study of history and yes they use bits of science as well.

So lots of disciplines use science (its in almost everything) and depending on what you are asking different forums are more or less appropriate.

I really don't care. All I'm looking for if for my theory to be checked. I think I'm more betterer served by being checked by scientists AND engineers.

Go way back to the top, I told you your theory works from a science perspective. However there is no evidence the Egyptians did that and I suspect there is a subtle reason.

We never got to discuss what I see as the historical problem, the insults were flying by then. So let me give you what I see as an issue.

If they had been using water in intestines they would have quickly seen air pockets and they would have work out very quickly what we now call a spirit level or a bubble level. That we know the inventor of as it's a written record and the invention dates to exactly 1661.

My problem I see to your idea is the glaring and huge time gap before the appearance of the spirit level. It stands at a 4000+ years if they were playing with water in tubes in 2630BC.

If an archeologist came to me with that story I would expect he would have to have proof because it seems a bit far fetched.

So just what is your problem? YOu don't like whiich forum I cose to put this thread in?

My problem was two fold, it wasn't exactly clear to me what you were asking. Secondly when I tried to work thru it you were inconsistent with things.

If you wanted a critique I gave you one .... the idea is sound but I suspect unlikely to have been used by the Egyptians.

As this thread has been in this forum cents 2007 you are a tad late with your complaint. You do understand there is more in this thread than pryamids, right?

Yes there is more and I am not asking you to stop posting for that very reason. All I am saying is current question you are asking at the moment is a bit out of the scope of the forum.

Ask a different question and we can probably help, I can't do much with that one.

Apparently I am still a malcontent, so I am over bothering with this trash. Since this is Paul's favourite civilization and he is your best friend now, why don't you stop talking to me and get him to give you answers. That should be really interesting watching him get beyond the science is evil/bad and ate my god spam he puts out smile

Guaranteed to get at least 2 or 3 more spams from that .. watch laugh

Last edited by Orac; 02/04/16 08:23 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.