Blacknad writes:
Quote:
One person who does think there is clear evidence for God is Professor Anthony Flew.
Naturally, I agree with Flew. However, IMHO, I offer the following theory (god-given idea) of GØD:

God and GØD
There is a difference between God and GØD. Belief in God requires faith. But GØD can be understood through reason and patient research.

Let us compare the two:
====================
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
====================
Here is what I understand--feel free to correct me--is how theists define God:

The God of theism is the one creator of heaven and earth. He knows and controls everything, past present and future.

He requires that we, his creatures give him full obedience and have unquestioning faith in Him and everything he chooses to reveal to us.

As an almighty and Heavenly Father, He--obviously a male-like heavenly father and superior being--preceded the universe, which He created out of nothing. He demands that we worship and obey him on pain of death and eternal damnation. If you are a Jew or a Christian, He is the is the author of the Bible, which is his Word.

According to the Bible, not long after the creation the earth and animal life, He created man, Adam. Then he created woman, Eve--out of man. Eve sinned and led Adam to sin. This led to the fall of all humanity. In his anger God destroyed all humanity in a flood and saved only the family of Noah. From that point on, the descendants of Noah kept waiting for a Messiah who would lead them back to the garden of Eden.

If you are a certain kind of Christian, you believe that the Messiah finally came in the form of Jesus, the one and only son of God, to begin the salvation of the world. About 2000 years ago, the Jews and others, who believed this, became Christians and made the attempt, which failed, to set up the Kingdom of God on earth.

Modern Jews--the descendants of those who refused to accept Jesus as The Messiah--are still waiting for the Messiah.

Meanwhile, Christians are waiting for Jesus to return and finish the work of salvation. Jews and Christians think of God as Lord and Master. He is to be worshipped and obeyed, without question. And here we are.

Muslims, on the other hand, while they accept much--though not all--of the basic story of the Bible, have added the Koran, to correct the mistakes in Bible, and as the final revelation from God.
=======================================================
I OFFER THE FOLLOWING IDEAS WITHOUT PREJUDICE AND DOGMA
=======================================================
MY DEFINITION OF GØD, at this point:

GØD, on the other hand, IMHO, is the One who is in and through, and at one with the cosmos--in full at-one-ment, spoken of by Jesus and his male and female disciples, including the Prophets. They, by their lives of service, did become one with GØD and paved the way for us.

That is, GØD is one with all creation as we are experiencing and exploring it, with the help of the sciences, in the now. GØD and the cosmos is all that is, always was, and always will be.

We are here, in cooperation with GØD, to create and perfect ourselves. GØD, as faith, hope, love, goodness, order, discipline and design in the cosmos, and personal in us, is here to help, not to be a dominating master. As Jesus put it in Luke, I am "among you as one who serves".