Women used to be told that the terms 'man' and 'mankind ' included women. Unfortunately I think men sometimes were not also told that!

Terry-
My point is that there has to be some adherence to the tenets of a particular faith in order for you to claim that you are a member of it. The point about God being a human construct occurred to me too, and probably does dilute my argument, and certainly could lead to a constantly evolving God. I think I was claiming that the possibility would then be that the resulting divinity would not automatically be a christian god. It is the divinity of Jesus that allows him to be the conduit for souls. He would still be a powerful figure, a prophet like Mohammed or a divinity in his own right, without the backing of God the Father. In christianity however Jesus has his divinity BECAUSE he is the Son of God, not because he is Jesus, a very good, wise person.

samwik
I do not even begin to understand what on earth Feminist Epistomology is! However I am going to find out and will comment later!