Philosophy is as useful to humanity as feathers on a fish. I personally enjoy philosophy as an intellectual exercise but is a discussion about nothing of substance. Were it otherwise ... one could test a correct philosophy from an incorrect one. And at least one philosophical issue would have been resolved completely as has been the melting point of water or the question of how far away the moon is.

Tim, Ellis is correct as is red, there is no such thing as evil: Let me prove it to you.

Is it evil to lie? Always?
Is it evil to kill someone? Always?
Is it evil to steal something? Always?

And the answer is clearly, unless you are younger than 13 or brainwashed, not always.

So what we lie about, who we kill, and when and what we steal is situational. Evil is truly ONLY in the eye of the beholder and thus, objectively, does not exist.

What is evil to me, Darfur, is clearly not evil to the rulers of the Sudan. What is evil to me, pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, is clearly not evil to Exxon Mobil. What is evil to me, self-serving arrogant condescending posters at SAGG, is clearly not evil to them. And what is evil to me, preachers and self-annointed religious zealots (of any persuasion) brainwashing children, is clearly not evil to the majority of people on this planet.

Again, Tim, evil does not exist.

So now, no doubt, you think me as evil as I think the people who have brain washed you about religion. Consider that for a moment.

DA Morgan