Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
G?d is all that we know and experience, but you seem to apply it to only the good things, e.g. "God is love." Is God also hate? Is god suffering?
Think of a doughnut. Without the hole there is no doughnut; but I focus on the food, not the hole. smile

G?D in us, is that which enables us to transform the holes of hatred into loving food; that which helps us redeem suffering.

I prefer not to concretize the concept of G?D at all, by simply saying G?D is...whatever makes for good--from which we get our word God. My special word, G?D, helps me with this.

BTW, when we say "goodbye" it means, "God be with you". "Adieu" in French=to God. It is "adeo" in Italian, "adeos" in Spanish. The Spanish often say, "Via con Deos"=go with God.

Ask a fundamentalist Christian if he actually thinks of God as a white human-like being with human-like limbs and organs. Most will say, "No". Then they will go on to talk about the mystery of the personhood of God.

Last edited by Revlgking; 02/25/07 02:21 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org