Blacknad.

Einstein and the dice is a popular argument, and it's not only a weak argument, it's no argument. What does it signify? At the very most it means that Einstein had a conception of God. Well? So, what? So, have you, right?

You said: "When we look at the universe we experience number 2. We think in hyperbolic terms"

Hyperbolic terms? No, just in straight forward terms; and the list of things that move us emotionally is practically endless, isn't it: a sunset, a newborn baby, a well acted drama...As you suggest, we can dispense with exclusivity for religious matters.

You said: "Evolutionists (for the record, I am one) cannot help but talk in terms of 'purpose' no matter how much they try."

What's amiss about the use of the word 'purpose'? It's commonplace is it not? For example, 'the purpose of my is pen is to enable writing', or, 'the purpose my fan is to keep me cool'. Can you clarify what you mean?

Correct me if I'm wrong:- you believe in a god that created the universe with all the requisite programming for evolutionary progression (as described in Darwinian evolution) built in. After which he left it to come to fruition of its own accord. Is that right?

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler