Redewenur wrote:

"Inasmuch as the chemical reactions cannot be truly 'disparate' - all things being interconnected - there can be said to be only one discrete entity, i.e. the cosmos, with all it's dimensions, multiverses, energies and consciousness, subjective experiences and whatever."

That sounds like you are a Giordanista, a supporter of Giordano Bruno. He believed the universe is of infinite size, consists of many suns and many planets, it's all interconnected, there is just one universal soul and that space and time can only be conceived of in relation to fixed points. Of course he was tortured for many years and finally burned at the stake in 1600 AD.

And some contributers to this thread wonder why others of us mistrust religion so much.

Blacknad, I'm sure your version of religion is not as dangerous to the rest of the world as is that of the fundys. I also personally know many people who have become what I would consider to be much more reasonable human beings once converted to some religion. If that's what it takes for some people I'm all in favour actually. But any belief surely must take into account what science tells us about our origin. To me this seems inconsistent with any idea we are a special creation.

After 30 pages of contributions to this thread the best evidence for God anyone has come up with is to merely point out that we are here. They consider this proves there is a God. This is not sufficient evidence to convince me.