Originally Posted By: terrytnewzealand
Revlgking wrote:...There is the quite reasonable idea that selection led to the human need for a religion. It provided an evolutionary advantage to groups that had it. At some stage, and possibly mtEve's line has got something to do with it, it became an advantage to live in groups larger than simply the ape-type family group. Bands that developed a tribal conciousness out-competed those without....

Very valuable observation, TNZ.

Quote:
Therefore, there is nothing inherently true about religion, it's just that it's been hard-wired into our instincts, whatever they are.
Okay, let us assume that you have a point: Where do we go from here? Do you think that in order to dicuss this we need to start a new thread? I did start one called, COSMOTHEISM.... If you have a better idea, I'm easy, okay?

You're next.

BTW, I love discussing the philosophy and psychology of religions with anyone willing to do so--plural intended. The dogma of religions is something else such as....Well, where do we go from here?

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/21/07 10:37 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org