Originally Posted By: terrytnewzealand
Revlgking wrote:

"Atheists may think of conscious existence as depressing, as being meaningless and absurd, and that non-existence is to be preferred."

What on earth did you mean by that?
Can you name any athsists that think that way?
Notice: I said "may" not "do". Jean Paul Sartre, writer and philosopher, was an existentialist atheist. He wrote of life as being an absurd process.I have a question: Are there some atheists who believe, think, or hope that there is life after death? Certain non-theists, like Buddhists, do. Or do they think of it as a delusion?
===================================================
Redewenur wrote:

"because they aren't 'life enhancing principles'"

But surely what's life enhancing for the hawk is not so for the rabbit?

Or does God only worry about humans?

If the latter is so, when during our evolution did God begin to confine his interest to us?
===========================================================
Terry asks:In fact I'd like to hear Revlgking's answer to that one.
Terry, the questions you raise above should be directed to theists and/or deists, not to unitheists, or panentheists. GØD for us is not a human-like person, male or female, who goes around doing people-like things, like worrying.

This is one of the reasons I am not comfortable with the old way of writing 'God' as the way of referring to "the ground of all being", or the ultimate reality, the ultimate meaning of all that IS. In my opinion, the only verb I can use in conjuction with GØD is the verb is. GØD simply is...What we do with this concept IS up to us.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org