Blacknad, there is much wisdom in what you write.

It is always a pleasure to dialogue with posters who are gracious and polite.

Though I am retired from the active pastoral ministry (1953-1994), I still think of myself as being "in the ministry"--that is, ministering to people and the community, being of service in any way I can--physically, mentally and spiritually--to people who need and ask for help.

Because, currently, the only pills I take are vitamins, minerals, enzymes and structured/oxygenated water I may be around for a few years yet.

Many years ago, I spent to years at Boston University--founded by the Methodists--studying the lives of liberal thinkers such as Wesley. I did a series of studies and a thesis on, "The Story of Ideas". Very interesting.

BTW, Martin Luther King, a Baptist, graduated from BU, as a minister, just as I entered to do postgrad work. At the time, there were over 500 students in the School of Theology.

What issues are there, close to your heart, about which you would like to dailogue? And not just with me, okay?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org