Turner wrote:
"On the other hand, let the atheists present their evidence, that there is no God."

That is not the way science works and you seem both old enough and intelligent enough to know that. Let me paraphrase what you wrote in a manner that may clarify it for you.

Statement 1:
"let those who believe in the invisible purple rhinoceros, present their evidence."

Statement 2:
"let those who don't believe present their evidence, that there is no in the invisible purple rhinoceros."

You can not prove the non-existence of something that does not exist. You can only state that there is no evidence for its existence which is the case with god. Let me show you why that is demonstratably true.

How would the universe in which we live be different if created by purely natural processes rather than by a sentient entity?

And since you can't answer that ... and neither can anyone else ... you have an absence of evidence for that deity's existence.

Turner writes:
"In my opinion, the good Rev. has a point. What we need is: a better definition of the god-concept."

He may well have a point about that. But this is a science forum and he should stop being a rude troll and go to theologyagogo.com and ask the question. Or he could actually go to a seminary and ask the question. Or he could stop prosletyzing and being a parasite on the gullible and ask that question.

Humans have had a concept of what god or gods is/are for more than 10,000 years. The phony reverend doesn't know a single thing that my cat doesn't know. The difference is that my cat has the good manners to not pretend otherwise.

I, personally, have a lot of interest in the topic or I wouldn't be here. I have no interest in parasite. I have no interest in people pushing out fuzzy concepts and pretending they have substance, and I have no tolerance for trolls.

Discuss the topic using your own thoughts, your own words, and the gray matter between your ears and your contributions will be appreciated. Which doesn't mean we will agree with you but we will respect you for being sentient.

DA Morgan