Yes, I admit that you would know more than me. I can tell by everyone on the forums' arguments against my religion. I went on this website to learn because that is what I like to do. I never said you were the dumbest person on the planet. But there is scientific evidence for a God. Now to dehammer; if you're talking about Hawking's theory on an infite universe, that couldn't be possible. I don't know if either of you are familiar with the kalam argument. It states that "Whatever begins to exist has a cause. The universe began to exist [evidence from the Big Bang]. Therefore the universe has a cause," as William Craig, Ph.D., THD said.
Our universe was created for a cause. Contrary to what atheist Quentin Smith said that, "The most reasonalbe belief is that we came from nothing, by nothing, and for nothing." There is evidence that the universe isn't eternal. Because an infite past would "involve an actually infinite number of events, then the past simply can't be infinite," as Craig said. The evidence of what scientists call the Big Bang is astounding; background radiation at the right temperature it would have been as a remnant of it, dating, etc. For more information on the kalam argument, read one of Craig's books or "The Case for a Creator," by Lee Strobel. That is solid evidence.