Perhaps, Terry, perhaps. I've just finshed viewing some videos of Richard Dawkins interviews and, bearing in mind our recent posts, I can even more fully appreciate why he's making so much effort to get his point across to the public.

Bgmark, I too don't see how science does, or can, provide any objective evidence of God's existence. I can tell you that I have a concept of God, but I don't use this forum to try to discuss that. Pointless. What I can say, though, quite apart from the 'evidence' aspect, is that science (and mathematics) reveals the nature of PHYSICAL reality. To the human mind, the insight that it provides can be a source of great joy, alongside the other joys which we experience. It's been recalled before, on SAGG, that Einstein mentioned God many times, and I can well imagine that it was, at least in part, due to his joy at the wonder and splendour of this awesome universe. It's quite interesting that Dawkins (a) does not deny the possibility that such a God exists (b) says that he understands how Einstein must have felt (c) believes that science may one day give a definitive answer to the question. Bgmark, I guess you would agree with Dawkins on the last point. I wouldn't, but then it depends on one's concept of God.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler