Originally Posted By: DA Morgan
redewenur wrote:
"As for 'clicks', though, that's hardly an indicator of quality"...Now can we all just let this thread die?
How many have noticed that even before I began to post here DA--anyone remember what he has contributed?--has called for the killing of this thread?

I wonder why.

DA, we who post here, of our own free will, do not require that you read what we post. If this thread bores you, you could start your own thread. If I find it interesting, I will join you, if you so desire. I promise not to campaign to silence you. All I ask is that you treat us with the same courtesy.

IMHO, any attempt to silence people is characteristic of a witch hunt. Speaking of which check out the following:

http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=63458

I got the above link courtesy the CBC--Canada's PBS--public radio and the Toronto Sun review.
==========================
CHARACTERISTICS OF A WITCH HUNT reprinted from Toronto Sun review)
=========

How to conduct a witch hunt:

1. Assume guilt at the moment of accusation.

2. Apply any pressures necessary, including torture, to get a confession and to accuse others.

3. Accept any incriminating evidence, no matter how dubious or vague.

4. Ignore testimony or evidence inconvenient to your version of the truth.

5. Create or employ false evidence if necessary to convict.

6. Threaten anyone speaking in favour of a defendant as a suspected accessory.

7. Treat the accused as if he has no human rights because he is so dangerous.

8. Accept secret accusations, to protect the accuser.

9. Take a tip-of-the-iceberg approach, assume there is more and search and expand the hunt for others.

10. Justify and excuse all errors by appeals to national security, the good of the state or the protection of society.