CHRISTIANITY. IS IT THE ONLY ANSWER?
Tim, first of all, I was raised a Christian and I have a great deal of respect for the teachings of Jesus as found in the Gospels.

I also love his teachings about the fact that we must act on what we say we believe. Otherwise, we are hyocrites. I especially like what John who says when he writes: "God is love."

As I write the following, please free to correct me, if I misquote and/or misunderstand you. In the light of what you wrote, may I ask:

1. Is it truly your opinion that Christianity is THE one and only true religion? If so, what do we do with all the other major religions--Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. Do we have to say that they are all false and that all followers of other sincere faiths are doomed to hell?

2. Do you reallhy believe that all non-Christians are doomed, even if they live moral and ethical lives while sincerely following their faith?

3. When you say "Christianity" which one of the many forms of it do you mean? Roman Catholicism? Old Catholics? The Anglo Catholics? Protestantism? And there are hundreds of different kinds of Protestants. Which of the Orthodoxies are the true ones?
It is a problem, right?

4. If science is all about knowing the truth, what do we really know about the nature and function of religion?

Personally speaking, I respect all sincere forms of religion as valid, which contribute to the public good. I even include the many good people who choose to be secularists--that is, the ones who live without any form of formal or organized religion.

Let us not forget that Jesus said: "Where two or more are gathered together..." He did not say that it had to be hundreds and more.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org