I was surprised to learn that smart creationist and ID'ers don't deny that evolution occurs (present tense). What they react strongly to is the conclusion that God didn't start evolution. They also have issues with the usual interpretations of evolution's past.

Evolution is so dramatically persuasive that many people use it (incorrectly) as evidence that God is not "needed" to explain the origin of life. But even Darwin referred to God when speaking about the Origin of life, as Einstein also did regarding the Origin of the universe.

Not-so-smart creationist and ID'ers have a knee-jerk reaction to that misperception (God not needed), and think it is a true representation of evolution theory (and science in general).

-i think this post needs some work (clarification, suppl.), but maybe later.....

~SA

p.s.
Just because I say it's "incorrect" that God is not needed, DOESN'T mean I'd say it's correct that God is needed.
IMHO evolution doesn't imply anything about God at all (maybe that's their problem).

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.