(this is tangent to the conversation, but i will post this anyways)
it is rational to beleive in a God. First, tell me this: have u ever seen a building? i would imagine that most (all) of you said yes. have you ever thought of who made that building? was it just fashioned there without any purpose and any inspiration? of course not. you know as much as i that there was a designer of that building, and the building has a purpose (to give someone shelter, to give businesses room, etc.), and it has an inspiration behind it (to help a homeless community, to get money, to better society, etc.)
in the same way, our universe was created. there was a designer (God), and a purpose (to glorify Him, although that is shallowing on a religious argument, not scientific, and is besides the point, so dont use that as an excuse to start another argument), and had an inspiration behind it (to give a chance for man to live).
let me ask you this: do you think it is irrational to beleive in a designer?
was frank lloyd wright a person? or did his masterpieces just appear somehow without a creator, with no purpose, and no inspiration behind them? of course not
DA Morgon a few posts ago said, "There is no purpose to the universe" is that a rational statement or an irrational statement? i will let u decide for yourself.