Ellis wrote:
"that's exactly what I'm getting at. God is whatever you as a person believe in."

Well I certainly can't argue with that statement. But it is no different from saying "a hot day" is whatever you believe is a hot day no one can argue with you. It is the stuff of polite conversation not science.

Ellis wrote:
"I do not ask this of them---why do they ask it of me?"

For several reasons. The first is brainwashing. Some are threatened with damnation and hell if they don't. They act out of fear for what will happen to them not a genuine interest in helping anyone else.

The second is that they truly don't believe what they are selling. I find that those I have met who were most comfortable with their belief system felt no compulsion to sell it to someone else as a way of justifying their own thinking.

TNZ ... what revlgking wrote is words strung together in a grammatically correct sentence but lacking a coherent thought. This is no different from the rest of what he has been promoting.

Some people try to equate "unintelligible" with "deep."

TNZ wrote:
"Or does God only worry about humans?"

And not just any humans. Those humans who are believers in a specific interpretation of a specific doctrine as interpreted by a specific contemporary interpreter. Have you noticed that no one ever points out the inconsistency between contemporary interpretation and that 50, 100, or 500 years ago? Ask why!

DA Morgan